Who we are
For over ninety years, the Cortland County Historical Society has been driving in the past line. Since its 1925 founding, the CCHS has engaged the community as a cultural partner, providing perspective and context for understanding our unique past. Driven by its mission to inspire, the CCHS collects, preserves, and interprets the history of our community through a dynamic series of public programs, exhibits, tours, publications, and outreach efforts.
We are located in the historic Suggett House at the corner of Homer and Maple Avenues in Cortland, NY.
Gift Shop Hours:
- Tuesday – Saturday; 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Museum & Research Center:
- 1:00 – 5:00 pm, Tuesday – Saturday
- Tours on Fridays and Saturdays at 1:00 and 3:00 pm
- Members & Students: Free
- Non-members: $8
- Assisted Research for Members & Students: FREE
- Assisted Research for Non-Members: $10 per daily research visit, (includes 4 free copies)
- Research Fees by staff for individuals: $25 per hour (includes 5 free copies)
- Research Fees by staff for businesses and organizations: $50 per hour
- Additional charges for photocopying and postage may apply.