Cortland County Historical Society has been “Telling Your Stories Since 1925.” We are your hometown source for genealogy and local history research. Education is central to our mission, and Research is one of our core functions at CCHS. We love to help people learn more about their families and our local history.
As we reopen under New York State’s NY Forward guidelines, we are happy to be working on-site and catching up on our growing backlog of research requests. While we continue to be closed to the public (members, friends, and visitors), we are offering Distance Research Only. We are responding to requests in the order in which they are received.
- Assisted Research for Members & Students: FREE
- Assisted Research for Non-Members: $10 per daily research visit, (includes 4 free copies)
- Research Fees by staff for individuals: $25 per hour (includes 5 free copies)
- Research Fees by staff for businesses and organizations: $50 per hour
- Additional charges for photocopying and postage may apply.