Cortland County Historical Society has been
“Telling Your Stories Since 1925.”
We are your hometown source for genealogy and local history research. Education is central to our mission, and research is one of our core functions at CCHS. Whether you are tracing your ancestors from Cortland County, looking for historical background on a home or business, or exploring the rich history of Cortland County contained in manuscripts and primary sources, we invite you to begin your research at our Research Center.
The Research Center is now open with new hours!
The new hours are Wednesday through Saturday from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Masks are required for all visitors at this time.
Distance Research – We will respond to requests in the order in which they are received.
To submit a Research Request you can:
1. Email us at email@example.com.
2. Submit our Contact Us form.
3. Call us: (607) 756-6071.
- Assisted Research for Members & Students: FREE
- Assisted Research for Non-Members: $10 per daily research visit, (includes 4 free copies)
- Research Fees by staff for individuals: $25 per hour (includes 5 free copies)
- Research Fees by staff for businesses and organizations: $50 per hour
- Additional charges for photocopying and postage may apply.
A look inside the vault: