Cortland County Historical Society has been
“Telling Your Stories Since 1925.”
We are your hometown source for genealogy and local history research. Education is central to our mission, and research is one of our core functions at CCHS. Whether you are tracing your ancestors from Cortland County, looking for historical background on a home or business, or exploring the rich history of Cortland County contained in manuscripts and primary sources, we invite you to begin your research at our Research Center.
Distance Research – We will respond to requests in the order in which they are received.
To submit a Research Request you can:
1. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Submit our Contact Us form.
3. Call us: (607) 756-6071.
- Assisted In-Person Research for Members & Students: FREE
- Assisted In-Person Research for Non-Members: $15 per daily research visit, (includes 4 free copies)
- Staff-conducted research for individuals: $25 per hour (includes 5 free copies)
- Staff-conducted research for businesses and organizations: $50 per hour
- Additional charges for photocopying, scanning, and postage may apply.